Starting April 1, 2020
Dial 2-1-1 for information about the Census!
WHY THE CENSUS MATTERS
- Everyone Counts. An accurate and complete 2020 Census count of every person living in Los Angeles County is vital. Census data is used to fund programs our community relies on: new hospitals, roads and bridges, school lunches, health clinics, immunizations for children, early childhood education, Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Section 8 housing, and senior nutrition programs.
- Fair Representation. The census results determine how many seats each state receives in the U.S. House of Representation. The more accurate the count, the more proportional California’s representation will be to our population.
- Fair Funding for L.A. County. Your participation ensures Los Angeles receives the funding it deserves for important services and programs. Census data is used to determine how more than $ 675 billion in federal government resources will be distributed each year for the next decade to states and localities.
- Census Data is for Everyone. Census data is used by businesses, community initiatives, local governments and more to make decisions and move forward plans and policies to address challenges faced by their local community.
In response to Federal, State and local public health guidance regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the County of Los Angeles is temporarily suspending Los Angeles County’s QAC and QAK program until further notice.
Respond at Home
It has never been easier to respond on your own, whether online, over the phone or by mail—all without having to meet a Census taker.
- Online: The online response form can be accessed at https://my2020census.gov/.
- Phone: The census questionnaire can be completed by phone in English at (844) 330-2020 or in 12 other languages (https://2020census.gov/en/
- Mail: Approximately 20% of households will receive a paper questionnaire along with an invitation to respond online.
- Every household in Los Angeles should receive an invitation by April 1, 2020.
- For sample USCB planned mailings visit https://www.census.gov/
Please reach out to us at Census@ceo.lacounty.gov for any QAC/QAK related questions, updates, or requests. Thank you everyone and please stay safe!