Bullying Helplines

Bullying Helplines

Provider: TEEN LINE

The agency provides counseling services for youth in Los Angeles County and throughout California. Services include helplines/warmlines, helpline volunteer opportunities, outreach programs and youth issues lines. There are no geographic restrictions.

Helpline services are a peer hotline for teenagers who want to discuss feelings, problems and concerns with other teens. The teen listeners assist callers to explore their concerns, determine options, teach helpful coping strategies and provide resources. The hotline can assist callers with a wide range of problems that may include family or relationship difficulties, depression, suicidal thoughts, self harm, bullying, or abuse.

The program actively recruits and trains high school teens age 15 to 18 who live in the Los Angeles area and interested in helping their peers by volunteering on the hotline. Volunteers who are accepted attend a rigorous 65 hour training program and are expected to make a commitment to work two shifts per month for a minimum of one year.

The community outreach program provides presentations such as teen suicide prevention; understanding gender identities and sexual orientation; healthy relationships; and a general outreach program which focuses on depression, anxiety, stress, self harm and suicide. Outreach programs help to build understanding and identification of teen mental health issues, teach healthy ways to cope and help youth identify their support network - all to build protective factors for suicide prevention. APPLICATION PROCEDURE Call, text, email or visit the agency's website for service. Visit the agency's website to apply to become a volunteer.

Individuals can text TEEN to 839863 for service via text message. FEES/PAYMENT SOURCE There are no fees for the helpline or to become a volunteer.
Service Condition Fee



Service/Intake and Hotline

(800) 852-8336 (800 TLC TEEN)


(310) 423-3401

Featured Resources

Can’t find what you’re looking for?