Medical Marijuana Registration Programs
The Medical Marijuana ID Program facilitates the registration of qualified patients and their caregivers, through a statewide identification system. Participation in the program is voluntary for patients and the patient's primary caregiver. Los Angeles County residents, qualified patients and their caregivers may apply for and be issued an identification card. This card will be used to verify those patients and caregivers that have authorization to possess, grow, transport and/or use medical marijuana in California.
Before applying for an ID card, individuals must obtain the following:
1. A written recommendation from your physician and make sure there is a copy in your medical file.
2. A Medical Marijuana Program Application/Renewal form. APPLICATION PROCEDURE Call to apply; an appointment is preferred. Walk-ins are accepted on a first come first served basis. No appointments or walk-ins are processed after 3:30pm.
Individuals must bring the following to their appointment:
1. The original written recommendation from your physician on official letterhead, prescription pad, or Written Documentation of Patient's Medical Record.
2. A completed original MMIC Application/Renewal Form.
3. A government-issued photo identification (CADL, a CAID Card, U.S. Passport, Veteran's Administration ID Card).
4. One current form for proof of residency in Los Angeles County: utility bill or CA ID, mortgage payment receipt, cellular telephone bill, voter registration, bank statement or automobile, property, life or health insurance documents. P.O. Box address is not acceptable for address verification. FEES/PAYMENT SOURCE There is a fixed fee of $153, or $76.50 for Medi-Cal participants. Payment can be made by cash, check, or money order made payable to "Los Angeles County Dept of Public Health".
5050 Commerce Dr.
Baldwin Park , CA 91706 (Physical)Get directions
Service/Intake and Administration