Pothole/Road Repair

Pothole/Road Repair


The department provides public works for unincorporated area of Los Angeles County and cities which contract for services. Services include abandoned vehicle reporting/removal, graffiti removal, illegal dumping reporting hotlines, pothole repair, roadside landscape maintenance, parking regulations development and parking permits, sewer maintenance, street construction/repair, residential recycling, shopping cart removal, street maintenance, street cleaning, street lights, street sign maintenance, household hazardous waste, medication disposal, sharps disposal programs, disability parking permits and traffic signal maintenance. There are geographic restrictions for services.

Public Works services include the design, construction, installation, operation, maintenance and repair of roads, bridges, airports, sewers, flood control and water conservation facilities, and related regulatory programs. The department maintains streets, signals, street lights, markings, bridges and roadside trees. It also maintains bicycle trails throughout the county and contracts for the operation of fixed-route bus services and paratransit programs. The department can also take special requests for the disabled for accessibility accommodations such as curb cuts, blue curb requests and provisions for the disabled at public events.

Public Works also accepts reports of water waste at their dispatch number.

Public works also owns and operates 5 small airport facilities: Fox Field in Lancaster, Brackett Field in La Verne, Whiteman in Pacoima, Compton/Woodley in Compton, and El Monte Airport.

The department provides a Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Waste Management Program; business or commercial waste is not accepted. The program directly accepts home-generated sharps waste including items such as hypodermic needles, pen needles, intravenous needles and lancets; medication that is expired or unused; household batteries; used motor oil; unused oil and latex paint; and electronic waste. People may drop items off at ongoing, scheduled household waste collection events throughout the Los Angeles County area or at permanent collection centers in Lancaster and Signal Hill. The County also offers a mail-back Sharps waste container that is ONLY for the elderly and disabled residents; available only while supplies last.

The department also accepts reports of illegal dumping; however, cleanup of the hazardous material or bulky waste is the responsibility of the property owner.

The department provides graffiti abatement services for the unincorporated areas of Los Angeles County. The agency strives for a 48 hour response when calls are received.

Information about Recreational Vehicle (RV) waste disposal sites is available online at the agency website; it is also available by dialing the 888CLEAN LA hotline and selecting 0 for the DPW operator.

APPLICATION PROCEDURE Call the main number, OR one of the specific numbers, for information or to report a problem.

Call the 24 hour Dispatch Center or visit the agency's website to report graffiti.

Call 888-CLEANLA for recycling, illegal dumping and household hazardous waste collection information or event locations, or visit their website at www.CleanLA.com.

Call the Illegal Dumping Hotline or visit the web site at www.dpw.lacounty.gov to report illegal dumping.

Online services are also available for reporting a problem on graffiti removal, potholes, illegal dumping, tree trimming, flood control channel storm drain, county operated airports, report a violation, landscape maintenance districts, street drainage, street sweeping, street lights, traffic/pedestrian signals, bike path and water wasting. Visit the agency's web site to report. FEES/PAYMENT SOURCE There are set fees for some services which vary from service to service and which are paid by contracting cities or consumers. There are no fees for hazardous waste disposal at collection events or the permanent centers.
Application Procedure
Tagalog (Philippines)
Service Condition Fee




(626) 338-9509 (Permits) (626) 337-1277 (Road Maintenance Yard)
Can’t find what you’re looking for?