About 211 LA
Who We Are
211 LA (or 211 LA County) is the hub for community members and community organizations looking for all types of health, human, and social services in Los Angeles County.
- We provide information and referrals to the services that best meet individual needs, through our 24 hour 2-1-1 call line, or through our website and chat.
- Our online community calendar connects people to local events that offer services and community connections.
- Our special programs provide outreach and education, service navigation, or care coordination to assist people with accessing and obtaining services.
- Our technology services allow community organizations to refer, track, and collaborate on their clients' care.
- We maintain and update Los Angeles County's official comprehensive database of over 50,000 health and human services.
A 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, 211 LA has served the people of Los Angeles County since 1981, when it was formed under the name of The Information and Referral Federation of Los Angeles (also formerly known as InfoLine). 211 LA's services are funded through partnerships with the LA County Board of Supervisors, CEO and Departments; with contracts with the State of California, LAHSA, SoCal Gas, Southern California Edison, AARP, and others; and with grants from foundations including the National Institute of Health (NIH).
Our purpose is to link people to community services, so that people in LA can survive, thrive, and be empowered, no matter their situation or background.